Thursday 18 October 2007

Northern Star

The Baltic chill has taken over the creatureshop like a crippling disease and I’m aching from it’s ill gotten gains, ok I’m fulla flue so things have been a little slow lately. Seen as I’ve been stuck in doors recouping and coughing I decided to do some oil clay, It’s a medium I’ve did very little with so I’ll be working on some studies in doors, the first of which is a rather young Orangutan,

I’ve just ordered another nice pair of primate eyes from http://www.eyedentity.co.uk/ for a very senior looking ape and I also have plans for a special ape but more on that as it happens. Check out MilleniumFX forum whilst you’re passing, its Neill Gorton’s forum specializing in Dr Who replicas produced by the team behind the hit show’s FX. They also cover general FX and the board members can post projects their working on and ask Neill questions

I did get a little further with the Surgeon and his enigmatic smile.


Perhaps the coolest news I’ve heard recently is that the one FX artist after Ray Harryhausen that inspired me so much, the incredibly talented 6 times Oscar winner Rick Baker will be quest keynote speaker at this years IMATS 2008 http://www.makeupmag.com/

And finally my special love at present, Daisy!! When Aliens go that one step to far and cocktail female and cow DNA to produce Hybrids as cattle for their offspring, don't shudder at the udder!! She’s got some ways to go yet but she’s patient :)

Watch the skies!!
-Gerard

2 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

The top creature reminds me of something that Doctor Who might use these days ! Sweet work Ged !!

Tidyfiguremaker said...

Superb stuff, I'd love to have a go at sculpting full size. Really cool!!